Your cart is empty
Gas & Brass Armory
We are open Mon-Fri 10-6 & Saturday 10-2
Check your Transfer Status Here:
Gas & Brass Armory is more than happy to help you with your firearm transfers from other Federal Firearm License (FFL) dealers or Private Sellers.
Please read below and complete our Firearm Transfer Request
TRANSFERS ARE DONE 10:30-5 MON-FRI + 10:30-1:00 ON SATURDAY
TRANSFER FEES EFFECTIVE 01/06/2023
Firearms Transfer Fees:
$35 Per Firearm
$20 Storage Fee for all Transfers picked up after 10 days from you being notified of us receiving firearm.
HOW THE PROCESS WORKS:
Once you have purchased a firearm from another dealer, the selling dealer will need a copy of our FFL before your firearm can be shipped. Use our Transfer Request Form above to send us the order information and email of the seller to send our FFL for shipment.
Note: If purchasing from a Private Seller: We will require a Valid/Current photo ID of the seller with the shipment.
Private Sellers do not require a copy of our FFL to ship a firearm to us and we will not provide it. We only provide our FFL to other FFL holders.
When the firearm arrives at R&R Sports, we will contact you to arrange transfer. Wait until you are contacted, or give us a call if you have not been contacted within 1 day of delivery notice - do not just show up.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to make sure the seller received the FFL, payment, and all information necessary for the seller to ship the firearm. The seller will usually put your contact information in with the shipment for us to contact you. From time to time, the buyers contact information may be incorrect. It is recommended that the buyer follow up with the seller first, then us if the transaction isn’t going as expected. If contact information was incorrect or not provided, we have no way to let you know.
When you come to pick up your firearm, we will provide you with a form 4473 (Firearms Transaction Record) to fill out. The rightful owner of the firearm MUST be the one to fill out the form, in their own handwriting. If you need assistance, please let us know and we will be happy to help. We will verify the form has been filled out correctly and then submit a background check on-line. Once the background check has been approved and the 5 day wait has been satisfied (or waived), payment for the transfer is made, the consumer may leave the store with the firearm.
IMPORTANT things you need to know:
You must be a Florida resident to pick up handguns and receivers. Non-residents can purchase/transfer rifles and shotguns.
The actual named purchaser of the firearm MUST pick up the gun, no substitutions.
The address on your ID MUST be current. If it's not, you must provide state issued documentation of your current address (e.g. tax bill, voter registration, car registration). Commercial mail is not acceptable.
Don't worry about filling out the ATF form 4473 before you arrive at the store. It MUST be done at the store.
If you've had issues related to mistaken identity or identity theft, your background check may be delayed by up to 72 hours (weekdays). The delay starts after the background check is complete.
Cash is preferred but we also accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and AMEX.
There is no firearm registry in Florida. Florida Statute 790.335 (Prohibition of registration of firearms; electronic records) specifically identifies firearms registration as illegal and a violation of your constitutional 2nd Amendment rights (under most circumstances).
Things that cause delays in picking up guns:
Expired ID or ID doesn't match current address. Bring government issued proof of address (see below)
Problems with background check.
No proof of payment. The seller may provide a DATED and PAID receipt. If this evidence is not obtainable, the 5-day wait will start when evidence of payment made at R&R Sports.
EVERYONE picking up gun(s) locally gets a background check; NO EXCEPTIONS.
A Florida Concealed Weapons License waives the 5 day wait but does NOT eliminate the background check.
A background check is $5 – this is the fee FDLE (Florida Department of Law Enforcement) charges for submitting the check to NICS (National Instant Criminal Background Check System), operated by the FBI.
A background check is good for 1 transaction or 30 days, whichever occurs first. A transaction is 1 business day.
We do background checks on-line. In the event that the internet is down, we can perform background checks over the phone.
A background check usually takes a few minutes. However, the number of background checks submitted to FDLE at any point in time may affect how quickly a result is returned. If the FDLE system or the NICS system is down, background checks will not go through until NICS and/or FDLE have been restored. A delay such as this can last a few hours but usually not more than a day. The background check and 5-day wait are NOT related.
A firearm cannot be released by us until the background check is approved by FDLE.
NFA Class II Firearms & Transfers
R&R Sports is now selling NFA Class III Firearms including Suppressors - SBR's (Short Barrel Rifle) & SBS (Short Barrel Shotgun)
Purchase the NFA item from R&R Sports & there are no Transfer Fee's.
Transfer Fees for purchases not from R&R Sports
1. Form 1 - $25 Per Form
2. Form 4 - $100 Per Form (For Trusts - $5 Per additional Responsible Person)
The ATF forms usually used in dealing with these weapons are
1) ATF Form 1 – Maker Form – used by non manufactures to make NFA weapons – for civilians, only Short Barrel Rifles, Short Barreled Shotguns, Silencers and AOWs can still be made (after May 1986). The ‘one time’ tax stamp for this form is $200. Maker will received an approved form back from ATF and he/she can then make the item in question. Once made, if transfer of ownership is ever needed, this would be facilitated on a Form 4 below.
2) ATF Form 2 – Manufacturer Registration Form – used by manufacturers only.
3) ATF Form 3 – Dealer to Dealer tax-free form. Any SOT can transfer to any other SOT tax free NFA weapons he/she has in their possession/ownership. This is usually done when someone buys an item and it is transferred from a dealer in one state to a dealer in the buyer’s state to facilitate the approval/filing process.
4) ATF Form 4 – Tax paid to/from individual form – used when a NFA item is transferred TO or FROM an individual. Even if the individual transfers the said item to a SOT holder/dealer, there still is a $200 transfer tax. Once the SOT has it, they can transfer it back out to another SOT holder tax free (Form 3) or directly to another individual in their state on a tax paid (Form 4).
5) ATF Form 5 – Used to transfer NFA items to police departments for official use – tax fee transfer. Dealer use only.
6) ATF Form 5320 – Used in the Interstate Transportation of all Title II firearms. If you are traveling between states, you WILL need to fill this form out a few weeks in advance.
NFA weapons must remain in the possession of the registered owner so short of just a few exceptions; you may not permit anyone to have possession of your weapon without you being in immediate presence.
GAS & BRASS ARMORY 14226 N FLORIDA AVE TAMPA FL 33613